Los Angeles Law Firm,
Personal Injury, Criminal Defense
and Immigration Attorneys
contact us
If you’ve been involved in an accident or have experienced injury due to negligence, contact Andre Boghosian today.

Basic Requirements to Qualify for Asylum in the United States

criminal-defence-andre-lawyerThe one who receives asylum is called an asylee.

Asylee status is the same as the refugee status, the basic difference is that you apply for asylum once you are in the United States.

The basic requirements are that you must be able to prove:

1- Your identity

2- Your time and manner of arrival into the United States.

3- That you left for country to avoid persecution.

4- That you were persecuted in the past or that you fear being persecuted in the future.

5- That the persecution is based on your a) political opinion or b) your race, nationality, country of origin, or; c) your religion or d) you belong to a particular social group.

6- Past or future fear of persecution must be in the hands of the members of the government or people whom the government is either unwilling or unable to control.

7- You may also have to prove that you do not have another safe haven to go to, such as another city in your country or another country whereat you haver permission to enter and live.

Apart from the general description written-above, there are many other issues that must be addressed in order for your application to have the best chance to be granted.

Most important advice is that you should not lie on your application, you should consult with a experienced attorney, you should learn about asylum laws and you should not file for asylum if you do not qualify for it. Don’t trust notarios. Don’t just file for asylum in order to get employment authorization. If you do, before you know it, you may waist thousands of dollars in attorney fees and many valuable years of your life away from your loved ones. We have handled hundreds of asylum cases. Call us. The consultation is FREE!

Also check the asylum form and instructions on www.uscis.gov.

Sincerely yours

Andre Boghosian